Visit our Chronic Pain Web Site: Click Here
An estimated 20-30 percent of Canadians suffer from some type of moderate to severe chronic pain as a result of physical injury, disease or due to lifestyle choices. Chronic pain comes in many different forms, and levels of severity, but it always has an impact on sufferers' quality of life. Chronic pain costs the Canadian economy as much as heart disease or cancer - due to lost productivity and health care costs. To fill the need for accessible treatment, CPM Centres for Pain Management, a division of AIM Health Group, was started in 2005 and has grown to be one of the largest providers of outpatient pain management services in Canada. CPM plays an important role in filling a huge need for community-based pain services in the Canadian healthcare system.
A Biopsychosocial Approach to Chronic Pain Management
Although chronic pain can be a complex medical problem, its negative impact on one's quality of life can be managed. There are a variety of things a pain sufferer can do to minimize the impact of chronic discomfort on their daily life - even if the underlying cause is not curable or remains unknown. CPM offers solutions to help people manage their pain and optimize their quality of life.
CPM provides a comprehensive assessment and multimodal treatment plans to help patients achieve the following goals:
- Decreased pain severity to ease suffering
- Improved physical and psychosocial functioning .
- Improved sense of control and overall quality of life through a "self - management" approach
The CPM Centres for Pain Management Approach
Every person with pain is unique but all share the same goals as noted above. CPM takes a comprehensive, logical and "best practice" approach in establishing appropriate and customized treatment plans for each new patient..
Five Steps to Success:
- Thorough assessment and diagnosis of the cause and nature of the patient's chronic pain.
- Custom design of a "multimodal" treatment plan based on past experience and unique patient situation
- Specific and optimized medical treatments to reduce or even eliminate chronic pain in some cases
- Identification of physical and psychological methods to improve / restore functionality.
- Communication with the referring doctor to ensure ongoing care after discharge from CPM
What Types of Chronic Pain?
CPM treats physician - referred patients of virtually any source of non - cancer chronic pain, including the following:
- Arthritis and musculoskeletal pain
- Back Pain
- Motor vehicle or work related injuries
- Chronic headaches
- Sports injuries
- Shoulder and arm pain
- Head and neck pain
- Whiplash related injuries
- Post surgical pain syndromes
- Myofascial pain
- Neuropathic pain
- Cervicogenic headache
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Diabetic neuropathic pain
- Post-shingles neuropathic pain
Community Based Centres for Pain Management
CPM is unique, not only because we are conveniently located within patient communities, but because we also provide one-stop service in a single location or through linkages to other local healthcare facilities. This attention to comprehensive care begins with the assessment / diagnosis phase and carries on through to the implementation and monitoring of treatment programs.
All CPM healthcare professionals have special training in pain management and are dedicated to providing patients with the best quality medical care possible. The CPM team prides itself on treating chronic pain with a combination of proven techniques, treatments and patient self management programs.
Talk to your doctor about CPM Centres for Pain Management
For more information visit CPM’s website at www.cpm-centres.com.
Click here to view our CPM Clinic Locations and Contact Information